Sunday, May 11, 2008

Got a Cigarette?

So... true enough... my graduation has come and gone. I have officially completed by B.A. in Theatre at Arizona State University.

How do I feel about this? I'm honestly not sure. I think I'm happy to see it done. Everyone keeps saying it's quite an accomplishment for anyone. I agree, but I think that's largely from a financial standpoint because with skyrocketing tuition every year, fewer people can afford to attend college to get a four-year degree. I myself took a huge risk in the last couple of years by not working -- and racking up a huge student loan debt in the process -- in order to focus on my studies.

Everyone also keeps asking me "what's next?" Again, I am not certain yet. For now, like a number of my fellow graduates, I will have to find work outside my field of study in order to save up some funds for a while. I do know that I want to leave Phoenix. I think I need to live somewhere else for a time in order to get a better sense of the world and really push myself in some way. But I also would like to continue my studies in graduate school at some future point as well. We'll see, I suppose...

No comments: